multihead on pismo

Mark T. Valites yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 18 09:17:01 2002

Interesting.  Is there anything that will do two disctinct (not
mirrored) displays?  I'll butcher up my XF86Config file if need be.  I
thought about something Xinerama-ish, but just don't know where to look.
I'm sure it's also a pain since I don't always have the external monitor
hooked up too...  Any ideas?

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Ken Schweigert wrote:

> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:59:46 -0400
> From: Ken Schweigert <ken@byte-productions.com>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Re: multihead on pismo
>
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 07:39:26AM -0400, Daniel J. Patnaude wrote:
> > Hi-
> >
> > What is the name of the program which allows me to connect
> > display to the external VGA port. I need to connect to an
> > lcd projector for a presentation.
> > I am running on a powerbook pismo, with the 2.4.17 kernel.
>
> I think the program you're looking for is m3mirror.  You can find
> it at http://penguinppc.org/~benh/
>
> I would be interested in hearing how it works for you.  Could you
> post a follow-up after your presentation?
>
> > More info will be required, as needed. Do I need to rebuild
> > my kernel to do this?
> >

> --
> -Ken Schweigert, Padawan Network Administrator
> Byte Productions, LLC
> http://www.byte-productions.com

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst