multihead on pismo

Mark T. Valites yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 18 10:56:01 2002

I've done Xinerama before.  It's really easy.  However, Ximerama assumes
two video cards & two monitors & that you will maintain that setup.  I'd
like something that will work with one laptop & sometimes a second
display.  I don't think Xinerama is appropriate for laptops...

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Ken Schweigert wrote:

> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:16:09 -0400
> From: Ken Schweigert <ken@byte-productions.com>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Re: multihead on pismo
>
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 11:18:14AM -0400, Mark T. Valites wrote:
> > Interesting.  Is there anything that will do two disctinct (not
> > mirrored) displays?  I'll butcher up my XF86Config file if need be.  I
> > thought about something Xinerama-ish, but just don't know where to look.
>
> I tried messing with Xinerama a few months ago (on Redhat) to get a second
> monitor, but found my problems were due to a bum monitor.  It's hard to
> justify buying another monitor to just play with.  Anyway, here's a URL
> that I was following:
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Xinerama-HOWTO.html
>
> -ken
>
> > I'm sure it's also a pain since I don't always have the external monitor
> > hooked up too...  Any ideas?
> >
> > On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Ken Schweigert wrote:
> >
> > > Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:59:46 -0400
> > > From: Ken Schweigert <ken@byte-productions.com>
> > > To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> > > Subject: Re: multihead on pismo

> > > I think the program you're looking for is m3mirror.  You can find
> > > it at http://penguinppc.org/~benh/
> > >
> > > I would be interested in hearing how it works for you.  Could you
> > > post a follow-up after your presentation?

> --
> -Ken Schweigert, Padawan Network Administrator
> Byte Productions, LLC
> http://www.byte-productions.com

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst