Strange ksyms make modprobe fail: unresolved dependencies

Aurel Wisse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 20 08:39:00 2002

Thanks Neill.

I recompiled and the dependency problem is unchanged:
looks OK in System.map but the symbols are still
strange.

Sifting through the output of ksyms -a, it turns out,
that the "wrong" symbols all end in __ver_{function
name}, whereas the other functions all end in a
genksyms code. So I suspect somehow genksyms is not
run on the suspects. I try to spend a few minutes to
dig into genksyms.

Meanwhile, I'll turn module versioning support off,
recompile and be back with the result.

Regards, Aurel

--- Neill Miller <neillm@thecodefactory.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:44:22 -0700 (PDT)
> "Aurel Wisse" <aurel_wisse@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I recompiled the kernel (2.4.19-pre10-ben0) with
> > additional (modularized where possible) support
> for
> > netfiler, etc in order to get networking to work
> on
> > MOL.
>
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a compressed '.config' file I've
> compiled 2.4.19-rc1-ben0
> with including netfilter/iptables support.  I
> suspect it'll work also
> for 2.4.19-pre10-ben0.  It also has wlan support for
> orinoco wireless
> cards, keyspan usb/serial adaptors, ieee1394, etc.
> if you're interested.
>  I can't guarantee it'll work since everyone has
> their own setup of
> course, but it's working well on my Powerbook G3
> (Pismo).  Be sure to
> 'make mrproper' before copying the .config over.
>

> Best regards,
> -Neill.
>
> --
> http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm