Installation Problems

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jul 21 12:44:01 2002

First I want to thank some members of this mailing list that have
been great at answering some of my newbie questions.  Now  I
have run into some Installation problem and I could'nt find the
answer to the problem on the archive lists.  I downloaded the
YDL 2.3 ISO, and burned it to a cd.  Using toast 5 for OS 9 I
made a disc image and formatted as  Mac OS and PC (Hybrid)
CD.  It booted perfectly, got through setup following the
installation gude.  Then I select a package installation, just a
side note, the root partition to which i'm installing YDL is
about 8 GB, which i believe covers the minimum space
required. Anyhow, after starting the install, it reads from the
package database, and then after getting through that, all of a
sudden an error pops up with this:

  ------------------------------------
| Error							|
  ------------------------------------
| ....							|
|	  Please install manually.		|
|		   *Button* OK			|

And then after passing through a couple post-install panels, it
basically stops. I.E. nothing is installed. So, can anyone help
me with this? I could really use some help here. Thanks :)

SA

Message sent with :: http://webmail.bmi.net