PCI Timing issues oldworld w/G4 upgrade

Robert Serphillips yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 22 23:27:01 2002

The L2 is enabled and I removed the stock l2. The problem seems to
stem from some flaky timing between the bridge and the G4 bus
interface. This same problem tended to show up in older Power
Computing clones with G3/4 upgrade cards. Looking over the dmasound
source there seems to be a fix in place to re-sync the sound hardware
but for some reason the code is breaking.  Not really sure how to
approach this one.

-Rob