Drive Full Error! (PBG3 233)

Andrew Stout yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 24 22:07:01 2002

>How does YDL work for you? Is the speed OK? I only have 96MB of RAM so

I haven't had much time to tinker yet--I've been working overtime
getting ready for a robot competition in about a week.  For the time
being I'm not using it to do much more than ssh to computers/robots
in the lab.  I have high hopes, but little time.
Speed is a little slow.  I'm not sure how much of this has to do with
the unaccelerated X, or with the desktop environment (KDE is
reportedly extremely slow; I'm using Gnome, but it's still not
fast...on the other hand, at work I'm sitting at a dual-1.8GHz Athlon
machine...).  When I get some time (ha!) I'll try to improve the
speed, customize, do cool stuff, etc.

>once I'm happey with the install I might want to upgrade. I'm hoping to
>use my PB for Java and XML development work. How is it running Java in
>YDL?

Well, you have to go find it and install it yourself, which is
obnoxious.  I did so back in January, and got as far as "Hello,
world" before heading off to study abroad and not thinking about it
for six months.

Let me know how it all goes...

--Andrew