can't get the modem to work on ydl 2.3

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 25 20:52:00 2002

At 22:37 -0400 on 25-7-2002 "" wrote:

 > I just installed ydl 2.3 on Ti PowerBook G4.  I am having
 > difficulty getting the os to use the modem properly.  I used kppp
 > to configure the modem.  kppp was able to find the modem on
 > /dev/ttys0.  When I use kppp to query the modem, it reports that
 > the modem is found.  but when kpp issues the actual queries to the
 > modem, the modem returns all empty values.  Any idea what is wrong?

Same problem here. Recently, somebody on the list reported a limited
success on this one (take a look at the list's archives from the last
week or so), albeit on an older version of the machine.

Me on my other hand faced exactly the same behaviour as the one you
report. The only exception is that kppp will find a modem on
/dev/ttyS1.

For the record, I have also read older reports claiming that the tibook
modem is a software one and it will likely never work under Linux.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.