Download files from web in terminal

Brian Foster yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 31 13:56:00 2002

I have what is probably a simple question ... so simple, I can't find the
answer to it. I want to download a tar file from a reputable web site to my
linux box. I am not running a GUI on my linux box - I usually connect via
telnet or terminal session. I've tried FTP and scp but I have to login with
a user name and password. I just want to download a file from a web site
that is accessible from any web browser but do it from my terminal session.
Can this be done and if so, could someone explain it to me as if I were a
baby!?!?!?

Thanks a lot for any help.
--
Brian Foster