Backup devices

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 3 10:45:01 2002

On Monday 03 June 2002 11:20 am, bronto wrote:
> And, as I mentioned before, it does nothing to protect you from
> external disasters such as fire, theft,  earthquake or flooding.
> Solutions internal to the machine certainly narrow the range of
> issues that require backup, but they by no means eliminate the need.

well, from there you do a back up to a remote machine -

Amanda works fine for that. no matter what you use on site, it can be dam=
aged=20
by fire, flood, electrical short (UPS?) - theft, all will affect anything=
 on=20
site, so get a cable modem or some such, and do remote backups to tape - =
by=20
far the best medium still - after all, you can't beat 20 -40 gig tapes.
--=20
 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com