Bluefish

Xavier de Cardenas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 3 14:22:01 2002

I have tried bluefish but its still missing some of
the features that I like in an html editor, namely tag
completion.

The closest thing I have found to a Homesite type app
is an application called Screem. I built it from a
source rpm, which was easy once I found a source that
let me compile on YDL. You can find the project on
Sourceforge and the rpm that worked for me was from
rpmfind.net (screem-0.4.1-1fr3.src.rpm to be exact)

It has the autocomplete functionality that bluefish is
missing but its a little unstable... at least from the
few times I've used it. Gvim is ok if you are editing
stuff but its not the way to go if you are designing a
site from scratch. It would be cool if they did a Gvim
with html tag completion, cause I'd love to be able to
code from a terminal at times without sacrificing
productivity.

-Xavier

--- Christopher Murtagh