Enabling "Liquid" theme after download?

Marc Stergionis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 4 12:31:01 2002

At sometime around 12:47 PM -0400 on 6/4/02, Christopher Murtagh wrote thus:
>On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Marc Stergionis wrote:
>>Here's what happened in terminal when I did make install:
>>
>>  [marcster@marcmac mosfet-liquid0.9.5]$ make install
>

>I can see the problem right away. You have to be user 'root' to do this
>(and not marcster).  So, you'll want to 'su -' first (man su).

when I did

su root make install

I got:

make: /usr/bin/make: cannot execute binary file

when I logged out and back in as root, I was able to do the entire

/.configure prefix=/usr
make
install

process, but after logging back in as my regular user, I did not have
the Liquid theme available in the Control Center and could not find
it browsing in /usr (unless I'm lost as to where to look, a distinct
possibility).

??

I also do not have any kind of dock or K "start" menu in root. So I
cannot figure out how to access Control Center there. The Kicker dock
function shows a crash upon startx

If I go to Terminal and type

kicker

I get a grapchical KDE Panel crash window with

"The application KDE Panel (kicker) crashed and caused the signal 4 (SIGILL)"

and the Terminal shows

KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kicker path = <unknown> pid = 1043

Bottom line -- no "Liquid" theme yet ...

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis