yi/bootloader.py failure

Robert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 4 18:27:01 2002

I've tried 15 times to install YDL on a white 2001
iBook. I created all the partions as in the manual. I
have only OS X install on /dev/hda9. The Linux partion
consists of: /dev/hda10 at 10 mb for the yaboot
loader, /dev/dha11 for the swap file at 256 mb, and
dev/hda12 at 2833 mb for linux itself. I am able to
install linux successfully until I get to a dialog box
which asks:
Which of the following valid bootstrap partions shall
ybin be installed to?
It shows: /dev/hda10
I click OK.
It shows /dev/hda9 for OS X, I click OK.
Then it asks:
Do you wish to install the yi/boot installer now?
I click OK.
Then I get this error message:
This module has suffered a FATAL error!
Type Error: bad operand type(s) for + File
"/usr/lib/yi/bootloader.py" line 463, in configure
self-append = self-append + ("%s=ide.scsi" %device)
file "/usr/lib/yi/template.py, line 57,
in__call__return self-configure(args)
I've reinitialized and repartitioned the iBook
everytime I tried the installation. I've installed
Mandrake Linux on PCs before, and it was a piece of
cake. What's with this lousy installation setup?