kde3 install

Marc Stergionis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 5 08:29:01 2002

At sometime around 9:21 PM -0400 on 6/4/02, robeert e nuzum wrote thus:
>thanks Marc for the advice.  I was able to install kde3 only to be met with
>another issue, probably a bug.  The panel, kicker, crashes immediately and I
>receive  a message that my battery is down to 1%.
>I'm running an iMac dv400.
>any suggestions how to fix  this with the  panel crashing would be
>appreciated.

Mine does exactly that -- too. The weird thing is that kicker works
in my "marc" user login, but not in root login. Root of course still
gives me access to browser and terminal via gui, and therefore to
start apps out of terminal. Try to see if you get kicker with a
different login.

Of course, relevant to the bug issue, file the bug ... kicker crashes
with an error window that contains an error-output tab, doesn't it?

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis