OT Spoofing accusation

Eric D. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 5 16:26:01 2002

This is the only public e-mail I will post on the matter. I PROMISE!

on 5/6/02 14:06, dylan at iici@mac.com wrote:

> not to prolong this foolishness, but claims of spoofing emails are not to be
> taken lightly. call a spade a spade - you sent a reply meant for eric, and
> sent it to the list on accident. just say "i made a mistake, sorry". thats
> good enough.

Actually, I was responding to an e-mail that Robert B. sent in response to
one you'd sent one *month* ago, and then you responded in May and then he
responded and then I responded again. It was a dead topic that seemingly
resurrected itself (judging by the dates & time of posts... or did I
accidentally resurrect it... can anyone clarify for me).

on 5/6/02 15:56, Robert Brandtjen at rob@prometheusmedia.com wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 June 2002 02:20 pm, you wrote:
>> not to prolong this foolishness, but claims of spoofing emails are not to
>> be taken lightly. call a spade a spade - you sent a reply meant for eric,
>> and sent it to the list on accident. just say "i made a mistake, sorry".
>> thats good enough.
>>
>> typical though.
>>
>> enough.
>
> These are the headers from the message I sent - it was the first thing I
> checked when I saw it on the list.

Ok, I haven't the foggiest notion as to how to spoof an e-mail header in the
first place. And, secondly, can someone please explain to me how to spoof an
e-mail (I've always wondered how to do that).

Sorry, I have to run really badly but I can assure everyone that I did not
intend to take a private conversation public (AFAIK all the comments were
already in the public domain... he did post something about land in public
to Dylan's message), or to spoof the list.

Eric.

> From: Robert Brandtjen <rob@prometheusmedia.com>
> To: "Eric D." <liriodendron@mac.com>
> Subject: Re: OT: Apple's New xServe - 1U Rackmount Server/off topic
> Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:48:22 -0500
>
> Substantial difference, now isnt it? he sent his spoofed one to the list what,
> 20 minutes before I sent it to him? he goofed and fogot the 4 in the time (
> Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:48:22 -0500 as opposed to what is in his spoofed one:Tue,
> 4 Jun 2002 20:08:30 -0500 (CDT) ).
> I have the original and would be happy to email it to the list admin, or
> anyone else. I also have my server's log files. The only other explanation is
> that kmail sends mail where it wants to.

I'd go for the latter because I don't even know how to spoof e-mail.