why not OS X?

Konstantin Riabitsev yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 6 07:28:01 2002

--=-lpFSSa+fvQy2q6cowjXT

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 23:41, Shawn Dunn wrote:
> you know, after switching recently from YDL to Debian/Woody, I think you'=
re all forgetting possibly the easiest way in the world to maintain systems=
, apt-get   all you need a master repository, and a shell script running ap=
t-get upgrade on occaision...............

Right, but we don't run Debian for two reasons:

1. Kikstart is so much better than FAI or any similar tool.
2. There is no company behind Debian, as opposed to one being behind Red
Hat Linux, which is something very important to our corporate types.

Regards,
--=20
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
/ )  Duke Physics Systems Admin, RHCE