YDL 2.2 and new 800 TiBook XFree86 configuration problems

will taggart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 10 17:09:01 2002

>From my experience with YDL 2.1, the Mobility is not recognized. Install the
latest BenH Kernel from ppckernel.org.

will

>I have a new 800 TiBook with Radeon Mobility 7500.  I have managed to
>install YDL 2.2 but currently cannot boot into X because of the following
>errors:
>
>Fatal Server Error:
>AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0
>
>FBDEV (0): mode "1280x854" test failed
>
>(EE) FBDEV (0): Mode init failed
>
>This is my first Linux installation and I was hoping that YDL 2.2 would
>give me the opportunity to learn the OS.  So far I have been struggling
>along with the command line.
>
>Can anyone offer some assistance?  Thanks in advance.

William C. Taggart
Graduate Student, University of Arkansas
Department of Anthropology
King Fahd Center for Middle East and Islamic Studies
annapaxis@hotmail.com
http://comp.uark.edu/~wtaggar