Downgrading to php 4.06

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 10 22:27:01 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, bronto wrote:
>Well, it almost works.  Apache loads without error, but when I try and
>open a php page in it, it actualyl displays the php code instead of
>running it.  Ideas?

 Could be a couple of things.

 1) Make sure the file name is like foo.php

 2) Make sure that your apache config file
   (/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf)
   has these 3 lines in it:

 - with the other LoadModule lines:

   LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so

 - with the other AddModule lines:

  AddModule mod_php4.c

 - elsewhere in the file (might be in a <IfModule mod_php4.c> container

  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phps .php3

 3) you can also try this; at the command prompt type:

 telnet localhost 80

 followed by:

 HEAD / HTTP/1.0
 (and two carriage returns)

 You should get something like this (note the PHP/4.1.2 in the server
signature, your machine will likely say (Unix) as the OS).

[chris@blues chris]$ telnet localhost 80
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.