Time discrepancy between ydl 2.2 & OS X

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 12 04:46:01 2002

Just a thouhgt based my own experience.:
Is your /usr directory on a different partition than your / directory ?

If so, then time discrepancies are likely (still, according to my own
experience and others on this list).

During boot only the root partition is mounted in an early stage. The
other partitions (like /usr in my presumption) are only mounted much later.

In this early stage time is being set as well.

In order to set time correctly, the system tries to read from
/usr/share/locale to figure out your timezone. Thus if /usr is not
mounted, it won't find your timezone. I assume the system falls back
then to the default timezone, which is likely to be the incorrect one.

With an incorrect timezone, the time calculation all go wrong.

Maybe this is what you are experiencing.

Hope this helps.

Geert