YDL 2.2 & 800 TiBook XFree86 Xconfigurator

Arvydas Svalbonas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 12 07:33:01 2002

--=_7529426A.5E3F439C

Jim:
I read Will's post about Xconfigurator.  Any luck tweaking the settings?  =
How do you get into it?  Does it load standard with YDL 2.2?  Thanks for =
the kernel details.  Believe me, at this point you definitely are more =
experienced with Linux.

Arvy

***
Arvydas,
Your right, it does seem like we have the same problem. Though, I'm not =
sure
whether it's a kernel or driver issue with the new Powerbooks. I've tried
Mandrake 8.2 PPC and have the same problem getting X configured. In no way =
would I call myself expereinced with Linux. I've learned more about
XF86Config-4 than I ever wanted to know in the past couple days.
The instructions for installing new kernels from ppckernel.org are pretty
good. They step you through the whole process. I'm still hopeful that =
someone can point me in the right direction.
Jim Paradis
mailto:nicman@newsguy.com

--=_7529426A.5E3F439C

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2716.2200" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 10pt Times New Roman; MARGIN-LEFT: =
2px">
<DIV>Jim:</DIV>
<DIV>I read Will's post about Xconfigurator.&nbsp; Any luck tweaking =
the=20
settings?&nbsp; How&nbsp;do you get into it?&nbsp; Does it load=20
standard&nbsp;with YDL 2.2?&nbsp; Thanks for the kernel details.&nbsp; =
Believe=20
me, at this point you definitely are more experienced with Linux.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Arvy</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>***</DIV>
<DIV>Arvydas,<BR>Your right, it does seem like we have the same problem. =
Though,=20
I'm not sure<BR>whether it's a kernel or driver issue with the new =
Powerbooks.=20
I've tried<BR>Mandrake 8.2 PPC and have the same problem getting X =
configured.=20
In no way would I call myself expereinced with Linux. I've learned more=20
about<BR>XF86Config-4 than I ever wanted to know in the past couple =
days.<BR>The=20
instructions for installing new kernels from ppckernel.org are pretty<BR>go=
od.=20
They step you through the whole process. I'm still hopeful that someone =
can=20
point me in the right direction.<BR>Jim Paradis<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:nicman@newsguy.com">mailto:nicman@newsguy.com</A></DIV></BOD=
Y></HTML>

--=_7529426A.5E3F439C--