YDL on AIX p610?

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 15 22:24:00 2002

Hi all,

we have an IBM p610 at the office and would like to do some benchmarks.
It's running it's native AIX 4.3.3 and it's so slow, my little Acer
notebook is running rings around it (running RedHat Linux). I was
wondering if I can install my YDL 2.x on that machine and if so, are
there any instructions on how this has to be done?

The box is running a 1-way IBM Power3 processor, I think - and I have no
idea what that translates to in Apple/Motorola terms (G3 I presume,
since IBM doesn't do AltiVec). The CPU is running at 450 MHz, so this
sounds like a beefed up 604.

Unfortunately, our RDBMS - which is available for AIX, is not available
for Linux on PPC architecture - bummer - but We can run some other stuff
to get a fairly good idea of what this box is capable of, in case YDL
installs.

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht
1505 Fort Clark Boulevard #1-205 * Gainesville, FL 32606
E-mail: chrup@earthlink.net