Mozilla 1.0

Kimball Larsen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 18 15:23:01 2002

Did you just do the standard ./configure, make, make install?

Was the ydl 2.2 version of mozilla already installed when you did this?  =
Did=20
it mess up your packages at all?

Thanks!
--Kimball

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 02:16, R Shapiro wrote:
> Kimball Larsen writes:
>  > Has anyone gotten mozilla 1.0 to work with ydl 2.2?
>
> I built the redhat 1.0.0 .src.rpm in ydl2.2 without any trouble.  It
> runs fine.

--=20
I myself have dreamed up a structure intermediate between Dyson spheres
and planets.  Build a ring 93 million miles in radius -- one Earth orbit
-- around the sun.  If we have the mass of Jupiter to work with, and if
we make it a thousand miles wide, we get a thickness of about a thousand
feet for the base.

And it has advantages.  The Ringworld will be much sturdier than a Dyson
sphere.  We can spin it on its axis for gravity.  A rotation speed of 770
m/s will give us a gravity of one Earth normal.  We wouldn't even need to
roof it over.  Place walls one thousand miles high at each edge, facing t=
he
sun.  Very little air will leak over the edges.

Lord knows the thing is roomy enough.  With three million times the surfa=
ce
area of the Earth, it will be some time before anyone complains of the
crowding.
=09=09-- Larry Niven, "Ringworld"