Finepix 1440Z + sound solved

Aurel Wisse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 23 09:47:00 2002

Following a friendly suggestion from the linux-usb
list, I got the 2.4.19-pre10-ben0 kernel.

The 2.4.19-pre10-benh0 kernel solved two problems for
me:

1) The Finepix 1400Z hotplug now works: on unplugging,
modprobe and the scsi_eh_0 processes don't hang
anymore. *and* this works several times in a row! I
didn't do a robustness check yet by unplugging while
mounted, but this situation is god enough for me.

2) Sound: used to work with the original (big) kernel
from the YDL 2.2 CD but not after I tried to recompile
a lean kernel. I added in PCMCIA and PMU support while
recomiling the ben0 kernel and - voila - sound works
in all facets: CD's play flawlessly on xmms 1.2.5
without using the xmms-cdrom version, .wav and .mp3 no
problem.
It is not 100% clear to me what precisely I need for
sound support.

Thanks a lot Ben and other contributors.

To be done: Getting the Imation LS-120 Superdisk to
work.

Aurel
iMac Rev.B, 160MB/4GB