apache 1.3.26?

Konstantin Riabitsev yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 24 12:09:01 2002

--=-qOMs9N2Yv8+xpibJP8wW

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 13:29, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:
>=20
> > Has anyone posted a binary or src ppc rpm for this security update=20
> > version?
>=20
> 	Apache is trivial enough simply to build from source yourself.

I wouldn't recommend doing this at all. In fact, I'd recommend grabbing
an src.rpm from the 7.2 updates and rebuilding it -- there are some
things in the redhat version of apache, such as default user being
apache vs. nobody and several other patches, not to mention an
integrated mod_ssl. You don't really gain much by wanting 1.3.26. You
can also try rebuilding apache-1.3.23-14 from the 7.3 updates -- it
should work just fine as well without the gotchas of trying to use an
RPM from some other distro or building things from source.

Regards,
--=20
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
/ )  Duke University Physics Sysadmin