apache 1.3.26?

Paul J. Lucas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 24 15:29:00 2002

On 24 Jun 2002, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:

> Now imagine 100 servers running apache. What are you going to do, compile
> from source on all of them?

	Of course not.  I compile on ONE of them and use rdist (or
	something like that) to copy it to all the others taking care
	to remove the temprarily down machines from the load balancer
	so they get no traffic while they're down, then bring them back
	up.  The environment is entirely automated.

> I'm not sure which is more incompetent.

	I am: a sysadmin who actually would even suggest having to
	manually recompile on every single server by hand.

	- Paul