apache 1.3.26?

Graham Leggett yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 25 04:52:01 2002

Paul J. Lucas wrote:

>>I used to compile Apache from source on the installations I was responsible
>>for. It was a hugely timeconsuming process, and prone to mistakes.
>

> 	Then you're not very good at making your own job easier by
> 	automating it with a script -- what can I tell ya?

Seriously, what do you need to prove...? That you know everything about
admin? Who cares whether a script can make it faster or not, RPM is
still easier regardless of what you do.

You seem to be forgetting the problem at hand: to provide computer
services with the least work, the least fuss, and the least downtime,
not to prove whether you know more than someone else. (It has been said
elsewhere that) rolling binaries is like fitting wheels to a tomato:
time consuming and completely unnecessary.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm
	"There's a moon