yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #275 - 12 msgs

Alexander Holst yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 26 07:45:01 2002

Am Mittwoch den, 26. Juni 2002, um 07:48, schrieb
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com:

> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 yellowdog-general-
> request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:
>> From: "Clint Weathers" <zen_rhino@hotmail.com>
>> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>> Subject: VNC Server
>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:37:22 -0500
>>
>> Any of y'all had any luck getting VNC server going under YDL?  I can
>> get the
>> service running, and get a viewer to hit it, but the viewer gets a grey
>> screen 100% of the time.
>
> I've gotten the server running, but I also get *lots* of screen
> artifacts; it's essentially unusable.

I experienced teh verry same problem. I found a version of VNC that
works flawlessly under YDL2.x though:

vnc-3.3.3r2-1.ppc.rpm

Name        : vnc                          Relocations: (not
relocateable)
Version     : 3.3.3r2                           Vendor: Robert Shaw
<rshaw@linuxppc.org>
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Thu 18 Jan 2001
07:09:07 AM CET
Install date: (not installed)               Build Host: wheezy
Group       : Applications/Networking       Source RPM:
vnc-3.3.3r2-1.src.rpm
Size        : 1594392                          License: GPL
Packager    : Robert Shaw <rshaw@linuxppc.org>
URL         : http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
Summary     : VNC the Virtual Network Computing
Description :
VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is, in essence, a remote
display system which allows you to view a computing 'desktop'
environment not only on the machine where it is running, but from
anywhere on the Internet and from a wide variety of machine
architectures.

I found it on fr.rpmfind.net. In case it is not there any more, I could
make it available for download if neccessary.

> I'm running YDL 2.2 and VNC 3.3.3r2-18a, and the client is a very
> recent version running on Windows that has no problems with either
> the Windows or x86 Linux servers.
>
> Grrrrr...
>
> --
> Cheers,
>   -- Bob

Alexander Holst
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>
ph: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx: +49 [0]7231 28-6040