Use apt-get to upgrade (was "RE: YDL 2.3")

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 26 16:55:01 2002

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 16:09, Pete Peters wrote:
> Does this mean YUP is obsolete and I can delete my YUP email folder? <g>

yup still ships with 2.3... but even though it works for us, people
seem to have nothing but problems.  Plus, it isn't really designed with
release upgrades in mind. So, hence the move to apt.  At least point,
I'd say there are no guarentees that yup will ship with future YDL
releases.

There is an interesting project called YUM... which is a new updater
derived from yup.  It is much more intelligent, and supports multiple
repositories like apt-get.  http://www.dulug.duke.edu/yum/ for info.

-Dan