Updating OpenSSH from source

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 26 19:05:01 2002

On 26 Jun 2002, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
>Notably, Red Hat and YellowDog Linux are not affected.
>
>This vulnerability only exists if s/key auth or BSD_AUTH is enabled
>during compile time, which it isn't for RHL/YDL.

 Yeah, I saw that in the notice, but I still don't like it. I have a bunch
of different different running different distros and such, so I decided to
upgrade all of them to the same version. Also, the apache vulnerability
started off as a windoze only warning but then they were proved wrong.
Yeah, I know, I'm paranoid.

 This also causes fewer problems with I need to rsync over ssh. I've had
instances where ssh didn't work because of different versions, and I
didn't need that headache again.

Cheers,

Chris

--