gcc problem in 7.2

Roger Weeks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 26 22:32:01 2002

I've installed YDL 2.2 on two different Macs now: a Mac 8500 with a G3 266
upgrade card, and a G3/233 desktop.  I tried two different installs, the
development workstation and the server install.

In both instances I have a non-working gcc compiler.  I'm not sure why, as
all of the rpms are installed.  gcc, glibc, etc.  gcc -v returns:

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/ppc-yellowdog-linux/2.95.4/specs
gcc version 2.95.4 20010319 (prerelease/franzo/20011204)

Both the apache2 and the perl5.61 installs complain about a non-functional
compiler.

Perl5.61 Configure complains: Use which C compiler? [cc]
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Uh-oh, the C compiler 'cc' doesn't seem to be working.

Apache2 complains: checking for C compiler default output... configure:
error: C compiler cannot create executables
configure failed for srclib/apr

I uninstalled gcc and reinstalled it through yup, to make sure I didn't have
a bad copy on CD.

Any suggestions?  Please email directly.

Roger Weeks