IBM RS/600 B50 7046

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 29 09:46:01 2002

Hi all !

I'm trying to installa YDL on such a machine but with no results sadly :(=

As I can read here:
   http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/rs6k.shtml

I downloaded the zImage from here>

   http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/rs6k/zImage

The kernel boots BUT when it asks me to put a root disk and to press ente=
r,
after I press enter I get a kernel panic because the kernel doesn't look
at the floppy !
The led is always off after I press enter, even if I don't change disk !

Is the kernel talking in the wrong way with the hardware ?

I tried with root=3D/dev/fd0 and root=3D/dev/fd and with them the kernel =
at
least ask me to press enter (even if it doesn't look at the phisical disk=

later).
I also tried with /dev/disk/0 and others but in this case it says that th=
device does not exist !

Help me please !

Thax

Mico

TuttoTISCALI e' il tuo nuovo contratto di telefonia!
Chiami in tutta Italia, giorno e notte, al prezzo di un'urbana
Ti colleghi ad Internet e spendi meno di un'urbana
http://point.tiscali.it/tuttotiscali/webmail.html