Booting YDL 2.1 on B&W G3 Problems

Jeffrey Bruton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 29 09:58:01 2002

I have OS X on my original Drive, as well as a couple versions of OS 9.
I will have to look into weather or not I can put OS X on the sonnet
card, with the other drive jumpered as master of course. Thanks for the
input, I have been poking around in OF, so far no luck. I also know that
there was a problem with the IDE controller in the rev 1 B&Ws. I need
the drive, still, but I may be able to snag one out of another machine
if necessary, or get a replacement. This is becoming quite the ordeal.
This B&W has caused me many a problem trying to achieve the simplest of
things because of bugs and hardware flaws. It's my first computer, and
it took a year before Apple believed me that the motherboard was bad,
and it was. Dumb luck I suppose. I'll keep fighting it though, I would
have never learned as much as quickly if it all worked right. Thanks to
Tim as well for the lead. I found some OF documentation so I could
figure out how to get around.