PHP not connecting to MySQL while installing PostNuke

Rob Schumann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 29 21:38:01 2002

Hi again,

On 29-06-2002 Marcelo Pena wrote:

 > It looks like PHP was compiled with this as one of the
 > commands:
 > --with-mysql=shared,/usr
 >
 > Is the above the problem? Is "--with-mysql=shared,/usr"
 > correct?

Shouldn't be a problem... this is exactly the way my php (stock ydl 2.2 install) is setup... the problems were ALL php.ini related.

The last piece is to see if any extensions are set to load in php.ini. The default setup supplied with the standard install was not set, so if you have not made changes here, that will be the problem...

Again in the php.ini file (located in /etc), after the definition of the extensions_dir parameter you will find a section labelled "Dynamic Extensions"

You will need to set at least one of these

extension = mysql.so

If you also want imap, ldap, msql, odbc, pgsql... working then they will also have to be set here AND their respective .so files placed in the extensions_dir.

Good luck

Rob