Webcams?

Hugh Caley yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 29 14:12:02 2002

Here's what I do (as root)with my Quickcam Pro 3000:

modprobe pwc size=cif
insmod -f pwcx

The size= parameter is optional, I believe.  The pwcx modules provides a
larger size picture, as I mentioned earlier.

After doing this, the camera is available as /dev/video0, which is used
by default by most apps that I've tried.

Hugh