Hardware compatiblity: PowerMac 9600 with G3

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 29 14:58:00 2002

On Friday 29 March 2002 03:48 pm, James O'Reilly wrote:
> PowerMac 9600 with G3 upgrade, 400 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 9 GB HD, CD, KB, 6 PCI
> slots, 2 serial ports, 1 SCSI port, 1 ADB port, Mac OS 8.1
>
> However, I have been told that upgrading to a G3 card required a driver in
> the Mac OS, and that I might have a problem if the Linux did not include a
> G3 driver.

Should work fine, mine does, powerlogix has a control panel which will write
the neccessary backside cache enablization string into bootx for you - mine
does.
--
 Robert Brandtjen