USB printing problem

Joseph Strafach yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 29 12:46:01 2002

I've downloaded, unzipped, compiled the source code from the CUPS site.
I started the drivers with /etc/init.d/cups start. Opened up mozilla
browser and loaded up localhost:631 to add my epson 740 printer.
everything went great until I tried to print a test page. I received
this error-/Unable to open USB port device file "/dev/usb/lp0": No such
device"/

I've tried other ports and the other Epson drivers with the same result.
My computer is a powermac G4/400 running YDL 2.2. Printing was fine
until I decided to wipe my hard drive and do a clean install of YDL. I
previosly was using YDL 2.1 with little or no problems thanks to all the
help from this list.

Joe Strafach