Getting files from linux to Mac via MOL

Simon White yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 2 04:25:01 2002

01-May-02 at 22:19, Joe Buczek (joe_buczek@yahoo.com) wrote :
> Grettings. I'm running YDL 2.1 on an ibook2. I've got some fairly
> enormous audio files on my linux partition that I want to got over
> to my Mac partition for further twiddling. As I'm typing this, I'm
> ftp'ing them with Internet Explorer under MOL, using my ftpd on
> linux. It seems there must be a more efficient way to do this.

FTP is not such a bad way to do that... in Linux you can mount HFS
directly, but not HFS+. You could create an HFS partition to share data
between MacOS and Linux, but it can't be too big due to inherent problems
with HFS on larger disks.

But from time to time, FTP ain't so bad. You should get good transfer
rates anyway, right?

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:99.31% see www.mersenne.org]
Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I