Help! How do I get an 80x25 console on an iBook2?

Simon White yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 4 04:14:01 2002

03-May-02 at 17:19, Michael Fraley (fraley@usfca.edu) wrote :
> YDL 2.2 on an iBook 2 is giving me a 128x48 column-by-row console
> screen.
> How can I switch to an 80x25 console? It's easier on the eyes and fits
> console apps like jed, mc, minicom, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm not entirely sure from a mac perspective, but the standard software
for switching console resolution on framebuffer devices is "fbset". If
your boot messages include something about framebuffer (does on my Mac)
then this is probably what you need to look for.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:99.79% see www.mersenne.org]
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build