samba config problem

Simon White yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 4 10:10:01 2002

30-Apr-02 at 16:21, Jason Knight (jason.knight@uaf.edu) wrote :

> Hi all,
> I've got ydl 2.2 installed on a 7500 with 333 G3. What I would like
> is to be able to connect to it from OS X via samba (netatalk doesn't
> seem to handle names longer than 31 characters). I can connect
> through the command line, but not through the finder. Also, though
> the computer shows up on a windows machine, trying to access it gives
> a "MyGroup is not accessible" error. Any thoughts?

Samba is sometimes a pain with Windows machines, try to make your machine
the same workgroup as everyone else and give them the same passwords as on
the domain controller if you have one. Should work peachy then.

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.