USB card recommendations?

Michael Hackett yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 4 11:57:01 2002

I hope this isn't a FAQ (nothing in the new archives that I could see),
but can anyone recommend a good USB card that works well under PPC
Linux? If it works under Mac OS as well (so I could use it in my Mac OS
DAW when I switch this machine to being a server), that would be a nice
bonus, though not strictly necessary.

Also, are the combo USB/FireWire cards reliable and compatible with
Linux, or would I be better getting two separate cards, if I want both?

And once I have the USB card, are there any restrictions on the types of
USB mice or trackball devices I could use with Linux?

Thanks,
-- Michael