Is anyone else having kernel problems?

Murias O'Ceallagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 5 12:14:01 2002

I just finished My second build of the kernel source that ships with YDL
2.2, the 2.4.18-0.9a kernel source, and experienced the same problem.
Although it did stay up longer before dumping me in the debugger.  Always
has the error, "floating point in kernel" before putting me in the
debugger.

That takes care of the "pre" problem.  same error with "stable" source.

Matter of fact I have never been able to get a 2.4 kernel running
appropriately on my box, not even the precompiled ones that ship on the
cds.  BTW, running a 4400, with 144m RAM.

Every so many months I decide to try again, this is honestly the closest
I have ever gotten to getting the 2.4.x kernel running.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Murias