Webmin Install

Miguel Danielson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 6 05:06:01 2002

Ack!  Now I'm really confused, because I'm having a heckuva time
getting SSL running and it seems to have been a cinch for you.

I installed openSSL as part of my installation package, and running
yup confirms its existence.  But, when I try to run the makefile for
NetSSLeay, I get:

[root@saldf Net_SSLeay.pm-1.05]# ./Makefile.PL
Checking for OpenSSL-0.9.3a or newer...
I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/local/ssl'
Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
  http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
  SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):
/usr/bin/openssl
I could not find your OpenSSL in `/usr/bin/openssl'
Please provide OpenSSL-0.9.3a installation directory (get from
  http://www.openssl.org/ if you don't have it; please note that
  SSLeay is no longer supported, see README) (C-c to abort):

Even though I have OpenSSL at the directory specified above.  See:

[root@saldf Net_SSLeay.pm-1.05]# locate openssl
/var/www/html/manual/mod/mod_ssl/openssl_ics.gif
/usr/share/man/man1/openssl.1ssl.gz
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/c-indentation.el
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/CHANGES
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/FAQ
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/INSTALL
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/LICENSE
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/NEWS
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/README
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/openssl_button.gif
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/openssl.txt
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/openssl_button.html
/usr/share/doc/openssl-0.9.6b/ssleay.txt
/usr/share/ssl/openssl.cnf
/usr/bin/openssl
/home/miguel/webmin-0.960/acl/openssl.cnf

Am I missing something really silly?

I've also tried installing SSLeay from Webmin, but there were some
things missing from the Perl CORE/ directory ... I can get that
output if it is any help.

Thanks a bunch!

Miguel