ppp issues

Pat Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 6 06:56:00 2002

>Has anyone experienced any problems/issues when configuring their ppp
>for dialup using apple internal 56k modem? I've recently installed
>ydl2.2 and as yet cannot ping beyond the remote ip address provided by
>my isp.

First, fire up a terminal and, as root, type 'route del default' then
return.This will delete the default route that has most likely gotten
set up. Then, if this machine is only connecting via ppp, you can turn
off the default route by editing /etc/sysconfig/network and making sure
the GATEWAY= and GATEWAYDEV= have no entries. Also make sure that the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 files has an empty GATEWAY=
entry.This way ppp will be the default route at boot rather than your
eth0 interface.

Pat
--
Embrace the penguin...