./configure problem

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 8 02:06:01 2002

I am trying to install liquid, but when I try to run configure, I get the following message...

creating cache ./config.cache
 checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
 checking target system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
 checking build system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
 checking for -p flag to install... yes
 checking for working aclocal... found
 checking for working autoconf... found
 checking for working automake... found
 checking for working autoheader... found
 checking for working makeinfo... missing
 checking for gcc... gcc
 checking whether the C compiler (gcc   ) works... no
 configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

Please correct me if I am wronge, but it appears that my only problem is the missing "makeinfo". I have installed make (as well as the others listed above). I have also searched the 2.2 install disk for rpms...no "makeinfo" to be found!

Please...I want to enjoy liquid like the rest of you luky folks, or be able to configure anything for that matter.

Thanks,
 Dan