network (devices) not available

Harald T. Zipko yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 12 04:57:01 2002

Hi yellowdog(yd)-users,

yesterday I've downloaded and installed yd 2.2 on a G3-b&w. Strange: during the installation process the installer asked for informations to setup a non-ppp-network, so there were 3 possibilities to choose: IP number for ethx via i) static, ii) boot or iii) dhcp-information. I always use static IP-adresses, but the installer told me that he could not find a dhcp-Server?? So there was no chance to manually associate the interface with the desired IP-Adress... . Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

BTW: does yd provide a configuration tool like linuxconfig (redhat) or yast (suse) to easily setup and admin services, devices etc???

greetings Harald