apt-get YDL Mirrors

Robert Silge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 12 22:58:01 2002

I have had good luck with some offshore mirrors. I'm in Texas, but oddly the
Canadian mirror was slow. I had great success with the Norway mirror, and I
think the Sweden one as well. Australia wasn't too bad, but not up to snuff
compared to the others. The fastest domestic for me was the psu.edu one, but
it has only 50 slots availiable I think. Here is the list of mirrors. Just
put things in the context of rpm mirror.name base contrib etc etc in your
source.list.

-Rob

USA
- ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/
- ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/yellowdog/
- ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/yellowdog/
- ftp://phyppro1.phy.bnl.gov/pub/YellowDog/
- ftp://ftp.linuxberg.com/pub/distributions/Yellowdog/

Australia
- ftp://ftp.ausmac.net/pub/yellowdog/

Austria
- ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/yellowdog/
- http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/yellowdog/

Canada
- http://open.mcgill.ca/ydl/

Japan
- ftp://ftp.kddlabs.co.jp/Linux/yellowdog/

Hungary
- ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/yellowdog
- http://ftp.fsn.hu/ftp/pub/CDROM-Images/yellowdog
- rsync://ftp.fsn.hu/cdimages/yellowdog

Norway
- ftp://ftp.uit.no/pub/linux/yellowdog/

Sweden
- http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/yellowdog/
- ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/yellowdog/

Switzerland
- ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/yellowdog/

United Kingdom
- ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/
- http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/