Configuring AppleTalk Printer in YDL 2.2

Cynthia Croy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 14 06:50:01 2002

Go to the LinuxPPC user mailing list archive and search for AppleTalk
printer. I searched last night for information on printing, and I found
a posting about that. I tried it, and the printcap file has the correct
/dev in it now. It doesn't work yet - I get a message in Kword when
trying to print "Get_local_host: hostname 'localhost'  bad" but it got
me a step closer than I was before. I'm guessing this has something to
do with another message I get as X starts about being unable to lookup
localhost's internet address, and this will prevent Gnome from operating
correctly. If you don't get this message, you'll probably get farther
than I did.

Cindy