KDE 3.0 Install

Tom Spencer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 15 13:06:01 2002

Hello,

I just installed YDL on a beige G3 desktop unit and it seems to be working
great. However I would like to install KDE 3.0. I managed to get all of the
RPMS downloaded. But when I go to install them following the instructions on
the YDL how-to page I get an error: failed dependencies with a list of files
that are needed. I got most of the files and installed them.

But now when I do the rpm -Uvh *.rpm to install KDE I get this:
error: failed dependencies:
pcre-devel is needed by kdelibs-devel-3.0.0-4a
libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 is needed by qt2.0.2-2
qt < 2.2.2 conflicts with libpng-1.0.12-2

what should I do now?

Tom