Ok, so I'm clueless. :) Setting up an external modem.

Jackie LaVaque yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 16 20:30:01 2002

> Good luck and let me know how you make out, smoyer

Thanks for the help, but I apparently have yet to find the right modem to
work with this machine. I got an external 56K Best Modem, it says that it's
supported by Linux right on the box, and it came with excellent instructions
on how to install it. Unfortunately, my machine would *not* initialize the
modem no matter what I did. I tried to set it up through KDE's "KPPP" dial
configurator, as per the instructions, but it just would not work. So back
it goes. I don't really know what it's going to take for me to get that
computer to recognize a modem, *any* modem, at this point, and I just don't
know why it has to be such an arduous task to install something which is
usually so simple.

If anyone has the same Mac PPC as I do (6500, at 225 MHz) and if you've been
able to successfully install a dialup modem, please do let me know how you
accomplished it!

Frustrated,

Jackie