post install questions (gimp, xsane, etc)

Henry Leinhos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 16 21:01:01 2002

Hi,

I just installed YDL2.2 on my B&W G3, and had some questions.

When I run the GIMP, I can't read jpegs (both libjpeg-6b-16 and
libjpeg6a-6a-8
are installed.

Also, I have a microtek C6 USB scanner, and I can load the scanner and
microtek kernel modules, but xsane can't find my scanner.  Does anyone
know what else I have to do to use my USB scanner (the USB FAQ only says
to load the two modules)

Is devfs support included in the default 2.4 kernel on the YDL CD, or do
I have to manually mknod for any new devices I load via modules?

thanks in advance