building a new kernel for quicksilver g4/867 running ydl2.1

R Shapiro yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 17 09:59:11 2002

I want to build 2.4.19-pre8, in hopes of dealing with two issues in
ydl2.1 on a quicksilver g4/867.  One issue is the audio problem I
mentioned in a previous post.  The other issue is getting an
accelerated X driver for the nvidia card (I have the Xfree 4.2.0 rpms
installed).  Does anyone have a .config file that's known to work well
for these issues on this hardware?  Or, failing that, any specific
warnings or suggestions re: what components to include and exclude?

I'm subscribed to the digest so please cc me directly if you have
answers so I'll see the response today instead of tomorrow.

Thanks -

--
rshapiro@bbn.com